Saturday, February 03, 2007

Chocolate Egg Cream

Well, the second half of this week has been sort of on and off. My shoulder has good days and bad ones. Yesterday was pretty bad, so I decided that it would be best if I didn't work this weekend at Boston Pizza, which sucks cause I won't get paid and my boss sounds pretty unhappy with me...hopefully things'll get worked out.


A special word of congrats to my parents, who are celebrating 28 years of marriage today!

To think that it has been 3 years already since their big Hawaiian themed party to mark the big 25!! Of course this year they will actually get to spend a week in Hawaii - somewhere they've drempt of holidaying since they had their honeymoon in a small cabin in the middle of winter.


This week in some browsing around I found a recipe for a New York City drink that intrigued me, so today I decided to attempt it - the Chocolate Egg Cream. Of course I didn't have the "authentic" chocolate sauce or the seltzer cylinder, but it didn't come out too badly. I might have to play with the amounts of milk and club soda that I use, but I will be making it again. If you like trying new things, I'd suggest this one! It's easy and is something of a unique experience to try. Here's what most people online seem to agree is the "authentic" recipe.

4 comments:

Nav said...

I would just like to point out to all, that I, Amanda M. am a link on your blog.

I think I"m growing on you:)

Hehe

I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Talena said...

Hi, Jason!

Wow, thanks for the link! I hope the shoulder is feeling a little better by now--my Jason injured his shoulder playing basketball last week, but strangely, his best friend is his ice pack. (Musta been a different doctor. Or different type of injury.) Anyway, that looks like a super-yummy drink. If I hadn't already made myself a hot chocolate today, I think I'd have to go try something like that.

Take care!

Talena

ally said...

hey jay,
check out my blog...I rambled on about australia a little, and put up pics.
I hope your shoulder feels better soon.
Leash

ally said...

hmm...k well I already tried to add a comment and for some reason it didn't take...so anyways...
check out my blog Jay, I rambled about australia and added pictures last night...
hope your shoulder feels better
leash