Monday, January 08, 2007

A New Link!!

Thanks to Ryan who brought a site to my attention!! I have been enjoying sampling various clips from Salvo Audio this evening. I have added a link to the sidebar, but I am finding it so great that I wanted to highlight it in a post!

The site includes sound clips from various SA bands and songsters from around the world (including the Japan Staff Band - I didn't know there was one!!). But better still it has sermons and speeches from various SA and other church leaders, including General William Booth, several other Generals, officers and lay speakers - including many Canadians (General Arnold Brown, Major Kevin Metcalf, Major Wendy Swan and others).

I have especially enjoyed this clip, with Commissioner Catherine Bramwell-Booth, the grandaughter of William and Catherine Booth, the founders of the Army. She is speaking at the Centenary Thanksgiving Service in Usher Hall at Edinburgh (June 1979).

For the Salvationists out there, enjoy some amazing pieces of our heritage, musical gems, and samples of the Army throughout the world. For the non-Salvationists, enjoy experiencing some of the truly prime examples of where the Army has been...and perhaps, in the words of some of the speakers, some insight into where we might be headed...

1 comment:

Ian McKenzie said...

Interesting site. I wonder how legal those MP3 rips are?