Saturday, January 20, 2007

The longest short week

The week seemed like it went by so quickly, and yet it seems like ages ago since last weekend!! The relative perception of time can be so odd at times.

Well, this past week has been full of enjoyable moments for me. Nothing particularly remarkable at work, but it has bee enjoyable. I spent an afternoon earlier in the week visiting local businesses encouraging them to sponsor one or more children to go to the Army's summer camp in July. The response is very encouraging so far, and I am very optimistic.

Away from work (well, in some respects), I also received back my first three assignments from my course that I'm working on. The marks and comments were encouraging and I am pleased with my results so far. Tomorrow I will complete another component when I will be preaching and evaluated.

Also, after church tomorrow is the monthly pot-luck!! I'm taking perogies!! I'm thinking that I'm going to bake them...normally I would fry them, but I enjoy baked perogies.

Today was my first day working a second job. I have been hired at Boston Pizza as a serving assistant (which should lead to being a server). I worked from 9-5 today. It wasn't a bad first day. I'm utterly exhausted...my desk job has made me a little soft. My legs were killing me while I was walking home after work. I've taken the job so that I can meet my budget objectives for the next 6 months. I'll likely be work 20-24 hours a week at BP's.

1 comment:

Talena said...

Hi, Jason! Been a while since I've been here! It was nice meeting you "for real" in IGA before Christmas. Working two jobs is tough--been there, know what it's like. If we're in BP's, we'll keep an eye out for ya!

God bless!

Talena Winters