Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Move date pushed ahead

I will now be moving to Edmonton a couple of weeks before my parents and ahead of schedule. I have accepted a position in Edmonton working for The Salvation Army which requires me to be available as soon as possible. So, I have given my two weeks notice at my current job and am trying to find a place to stay in the Edmonton area until my parents move up later in June.

I will be coordinating the Army's Emergency & Disaster Services for the northern part of Alberta. This is another fantastic opportunity for me to learn new skills and grow personally and "professionally" in preparation for officership. I start in the office on June 14th.

This has come together very quickly. It was only last Tuesday that I got a phone call to setup an interview. I had my interview on Friday and was offered the position yesterday.

This means that this upcoming Sunday will be my last at my church since I will be in Salmon Arm, B.C. the following Sunday just before I move north. I only have 7 work days left in my current job. It all seems very fast, but I feel great about it!!!

2 comments:

Heather Princess said...

Congratulations on your new job Jason! Sounds great!

Ian & Deanna said...

Good for you Jason. I think that this is one of the areas in TSA that I am very interested in. Good luck finding a place and in the new job. Now that you know all about Northern AB (which is more than just Edmonton).
Cheers