Monday, May 21, 2007

Sick in Cranbrook

My weekend was spent in beautiful (but rainy) Cranbrook, B.C. on a band trip - the first of two over the next few weeks (in a few weeks an ensemble is going to Salmon Arm, B.C.). I billetted with a lovely family who were very friendly and hospitable. I spent more time with them than I have with any other people that I've been billetted with on a band trip. Most trips are so full of activities that very little time is left to get to know the people we are staying with, but due to a smaller schedule and some rain on Saturday there was plenty of time to just relax. Saturday morning was free for us and many bandmembers travelled up that day. And because of rain our afternoon outdoor engagement was cancelled leaving us with more time off.

Sunday was not quite so pleasant for me as I awoke with an upset stomach that lasted all day, causing me to miss the second half of the morning service. In the whole day I only managed to keep down a bowl of chicken noodle soup in the evening once I got home...most unpleasant. I had to take my first ever graval for the trip home, meaning that I slept soundly from Kimberley, B.C. to Okotoks, just south of Calgary.

Today my stomach has been fine, but I've had headaches, muscle aches and been very tired. I've slept a lot and still feel ready for a solid night's rest.

It is interesting to see how much my father packed over the weekend. There is still a lot more to pack, but quite a bit has been done at this point. I need to repack many of my boxes that I never really unpacked since I got back to Calgary from Peace River, just because I had to open them to find a couple of small items. Overall, I don't really have much to pack most of it is already done. Most of my efforts will go towards cleaning the house for the Vincents who will be moving in to the house in July.

No comments: