Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Special Announcement!!






I am very excited (and sad) to announce that I will be moving at the end of this month. I shall be leaving beautiful Calgary to head north to Peace River, Alberta. I have accepted a position there as a Community and Family Services Worker with the Salvation Army. The initial, somewhat vague offer came a week and a half ago and I have been working out details ever since. Last Thursday I received the formal, more detailed offer over the phone from the man who is to be my new boss.

Sunday evening my mother and headed north to visit the town on Monday. I met Majors Harvey and Emma Compton, who I will be working with up there, as well as saw where I will work, the church I'll attend, and toured around the town. We were also able to arrange for somewhere for me to live, at least for the first while.

I finish working at my current job on Friday, which will give me a week to finish my preparations, spend time with friends and family, and get a bit of down time before I go up.

If you want to know some more let me know and I'll gladly e-mail you.

Take care everyone and keep in touch!!

3 comments:

Talena said...

Hi, I just wanted to say "Welcome to Peace River!" I and my husband Jason just moved here in December from Sylvan Lake, and we really like it. It is a long ways away from family and friends, but you're going to find that many people up here are in that same boat, so your new friends become like your family. The people are very friendly, the scenery can't be beat, and there are lots of community activities and sports to get involved in.

Maybe we'll see you around!

Talena Winters

Jeremy said...

hey, welcome to the great white north!!! if you're ever passing through the grande prairie area, give me a shout and we'll go for coffee or something. i think you'll enjoy the town, being up north here is better than i ever thought it would be. take luck!!

jeremy landon

Anonymous said...

Yippie and a skippie! Go Jason!