Sunday, May 28, 2006

Only a matter of hours now...

Well, it's now Sunday, May 28, 2006. The day that I leave Calgary to move to Peace River. It's just after midnight, so there is still a while before we set out. I've been finishing up a few files to leave behind that have to do with Wilderness Camp...I thought I might get one done, but I managed three, so that's good - only two more to do later.

Shortly I will shut down my computer and pack it up...not quite yet though. I've also got to clean my bathroom and pack all the stuff in there.

We rented a U-Haul trailer today, and it is completely packed. There are still more boxes, but they will easily fit in the van.

I went to youth group this evening one last time. We went bowling and out for ice cream. I enjoyed it. Only 7 people came for bowling, so a lot of people were missing, but those of us who were there had a good time.

In the morning I've got two church services, then we're out for lunch. After that we'll come home, get changed and pack the rest of the stuff in the van. Once that's done we're off to St. Albert. We'll spend the night there and drive the rest of the way up on Monday. We should get to Peace River shortly after lunch time, which will give me several hours to unpack the trailer and van and get my stuff into my new place. Then my parents should be headed back to Calgary on Tuesday. I think I'm starting my job on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll have to talk to Major Compton when I get up there...we didn't really decide on that.

It's really hard to believe that it's so close now!!

Next post coming to you from the land of the Mighty Peace!!

No comments: