Monday, May 01, 2006

IT'S MAY!!! I LOVE THAT THOUGHT!!

Okay, so I've got a couple of things to update on. I'll start with last week...

Last Tuesday the weather was beautiful, so in the afternoon I decided to go for a bike ride around the Glenmore Reservoir, which usually takes around 45-50 minutes. Below are some pictures. However, that short ride soon became much longer. As I was coming towards the end of the ride, I passed the turn off for another pathway, which I've never taken. I decided to follow it. I ended up riding right downtown, pushing and pulling my bike up a hill that was clearly not intended for bikes in order to get out of a valley that I didn't want to be in...and I really didn't want to turn around, since I had been biking for three hours by that time...so that was challenging. (The process went along the lines of me climbing the hill, dropping off my camera and phone at the top, going back down, then I would hook my arm around a tree, drag my bike up to that point, then I'd grab onto another tree and then pull my bike up to that tree, and so on. The ground was covered in loose dirt and leaves and I just couldn't hold my ground without using the trees.) So after doing that for about 30 minutes, I reached the top of the hill, and got my bearings. I then figured out how to get home and started. The entire trip ended up taking over 4 hours...fun, but exhausting...not to mention dehydrating (I had water for a 45 minute ride).

Okay, so not much else happened last week that is worth mentioning. I just worked most of the time.

So, an update from today. Today my parents and I went with my aunt and a mutual friend of my parents and my aunt to the mountains. We drove out to Field, B.C. A town of about 200 people in the Kicking Horse region. We had a delicious lunch there. I had a Bison Club Brisket (or something like that). Very good!! We also stopped in Banff for a short time to see the Banff Springs Hotel, the Banff Springs Golf Course and to go in a great candy (lollies for my Aussie friends) shop.

When we got home I found a letter offering me a seat in the program I'd applied for last week. So that was exciting. I've got one other thing to look into before I put in my tuition deposit, but I'm glad to know that I have that option for September.

So things are good right now!!

Take care all!!

No comments: