Friday, January 28, 2005

A bit of an emotional Thursday for me...

Thursday night was my last Thursday with the Jr. Action group for a long time. We had 7 of the kids out, 5 of whom I taught prep classes to. I'm going to miss the kids at the corps! I knew that I'd miss them, but realizing that this was my last time with them in that setting was really saddening for me. It took a bit of effort not to cry at times.

I did a lesson on Australia and the Salvation Army in that country at the request of Jr. Soldier Sgt. Catherine Phipson. I had prepared a lesson on PowerPoint, saved it to the memory card in my digital camera, and then I left the USB cable to connect the camera to the laptop at home. I ended up doing up a bit of a rough lesson on the laptop from scratch based on what I could remember, but I wasn't too happy about it. Oh well.

For our activity, the kids wrote letters to the Metcalf's...Canadian SA officers stationed in Australia at the Eastern Territory's Officer Training College.

Anyways, here are some pictures from the evening.

No comments: