Saturday, January 15, 2005

Less than 3 weeks to go now.

It's so hard to believe that our departure is so close now. I'm done work on Jan. 25th, so I've only got 7 more work days left, and only 20 days to go until we leave. Plans have changed though. We were told originally that our flight out of Calgary was on the 3rd of February, but our tickets are actually for the morning of the 4th. It's not a big deal though and we'll still be in Australia in time for classes to start on the 8th.

I received an e-mail from Major Baker, the director of the SFYL, today. Apparently there are a total of 8 students in our class, with three of those from Canada. There is a possibility of there being last minute admissions, but chances are that that number will remain the same.

Alicia and I are having lunch with a group of our friends tomorrow and spending the afternoon together. It's sort of our last chance to hang out together before we leave. It's kind of sad really. We'll see our friends again before we go of course, with church, DYB, youth group, and other stuff still to come, but we probably won't get to really just hang out like this again.

I bought a new memory card for my digital camera yesterday, so now I'll have plenty of room to take lots of pictures while I'm away. I'll post some of them of course.

For those of you I haven't talked to in a long time, what are you all doing? I haven't talked to a lot of you in a long time. I guess most of you are back at university now or in the middle of high school exams.

Hope everythings well with everyone. Those in cold climates (like Alberta) stay warm. It's supposed to warm up to -15 in Calgary today! YAY!!! At least those -40 windchills are gone for the time being...maybe they'll stay away for a few weeks...long enough for me to get out of here. But I guess this will help me appreciate the warmth of Australia even more.

Take care everyone!

No comments: