Friday, October 20, 2006

Week end update

Well, another week has gone by very quickly. It's hard to believe that I've been in Peace River for nearly 5 months now!!

Monday saw our first snowfall of the season, and Wednesday I shovelled for the first time this season. Tuesday I watched fire fighters light diesel, gasoline and wood fires so that the rookies could practice using fire extinguishers. Thursday was uneventful and Friday I only worked a half day. Saturday I will attend a dinner hosted by the Chamber of Commerce as an official representative of the Salvation Army as we have been nominated for an award in recognition of our service to the community. The officers are going as well, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity for a free meal - even if I do have to wear full uniform.

Work continues to be largely enjoyable...there are always those things you don't like so much, but those things are overshadowed by the great things that are part of my ministry here.

No comments: