Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hello, Bonjour, G'day, and whatever else!!

Well, the past week has been interesting. Last Friday night I quit my job...without a new one. That led to a rather heated "discussion" with my parents. Although I did have a good proper conversation with my dad later that was very good. So, I found myself without a job. I had an interview the Wednesday before that, but didn't actually have the job. The decision to quit was foolish, irrational and stupid, but I made it and had to deal with it.

So, I've spent the week hoping to hear back on the interview and sending in resumes to all sorts of places for all sorts of jobs. I had a bunch of tests to complete for my application for the College for Officer Training, so I finished all those. And I'm preaching this Sunday at my church, so I've been working on two sermons, which I love!! Preaching is so enjoyable!! And the preparation is lots of fun!! The reading, research and art of constructing a sermon - GOT TO LOVE IT!!

Monday I met Jackie (my best friend) for lunch, which was good. We talked and hung out for a while. After being away from my friends for nine months I've really learned to appreciate them!! It was great to meet new people and make new friends, but my friends in Calgary are friends I've had for over 5 years now, and it's good to be back with them.

This morning, I had a great start to my day!! I got a phone call from the company that I had the interview with over a week ago, offering me the job, so I start on Monday. So, I am going to be an Order Selector for BridgeBrand. I won't be a great job, but it pays pretty well and is full-time, so I'm happy. Now I have a job and don't have to worry about that.

I got a new CD this week. Got to love GST refund cheques...actually, I got two new CD's. One is an older Planetshakers CD "Phenomena" which is good. But I also got the Third Day CD "Wherever You Are" and it is GREAT!! I particularly love the words to the song "Communion." Having grown up in the Salvation Army, I haven't really practiced the sacrament of Communion much...not until more recent years had I ever taken part, and now only once or twice a year, but it is something that means a great deal to me. Here are some of the words to the song:

This is the body
This is the blood
Broken and poured out
For all of us
In this communion
We share in His love
This is the body
This is the blood
~
I will remember everything, Lord
That You've done for me
I won't take for granted
The sacrifice that set me free
I hunger and thirst for Your love
Come fill me today
~
We hunger and thirst for Your love
And Your righteousness
We long for Your presence here, Lord
Be with us again
~
Okay, so that's the whole song, but it's fairly short and I couldn't pick a section that I'd prefer over the others, so there it is. I love the song because it, in many ways summerises exactly what my faith is about and also why the sacrament of communion is so important. Communion is more than just a little piece bread and a bit of wine (or grape juice), it is anything that causes us to share in the love of Christ, particularly with rememberance of His sacrifice.
Take care and have a good one!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Jason, these lyrics are perfect. I love remembering Jesus' sacrifice. It is so important. It makes me think of what first drew me to Christ...knowing that He was a perfect High Priest able to offer a lasting sacrifice and that He is forever. Whoa. Sweetness. Glad to hear that you have found a new job. Smiles and sunshine! Jen